1/24/10

"Chickey" Salad


This is a chicken salad recipe given to me by my sister, to whom I affectionately refer to as "Chickey." So it only makes sense to call it "Chickey" Salad. Here is Chick holding Baby A right after she was born. Love it.
Chicken salad is always a good thing to have around - great low point, quick lunch.
Chickey Salad
1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
3 tablespoons light mayo
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 tablespoons grated onion

In a small bowl, combine yogurt, mayo, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper.
In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, celery, and onion. Add the yogurt mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour before serving.
Serving size...1 cup
WW Points...4

I usually eat this with 1 point wheat bread. You can add grapes if you want, they say it's good. I prefer a smooth chicken salad...grapes would kind of get in the way of that. Chunky celery does as well, so those usually get diced up pretty small. When I'm feeling really wild, I'll throw some green onions in the mix.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. this is my FAVORITE chicken salad out! and i am kind of in awe at how much alex has changed in 5½ months...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am so glad you are blogging now- it is so much fun! Look forward to your future posts....hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete