2/3/10

Black Bean & Spinich 'Dillas

614 miles later, I'm home. I have no witty anecdotes, only an achy back and a recipe for quesadillas. Thinking about having this for supper is what got me through the last 144 miles of the journey. This idea came from the always delightful blog Spoonful. Its pretty much the same thing, all I did was measure out ingredients and calculate the points. Let's take a look at the evolution of this little 'dilla.
Round up your ingredients: tortillas, veggies, and cheese. I used corn tortillas for these, they are one point a piece and very high in fiber. Veggies were onions, spinich, and black beans; cheese was WW shredded mexican cheese.
Now layer them up together, put it in a big skillet over medium heat, flip it a few times, then enjoy. The putting it in a big skillet and flipping it a few times is where things always get tricky for me.

During my flip, things usually get a little crazy and the ingredients fly out all over the pan. Being the resourceful chick that I am, I just scooped them up, put them on the plate, and pretended they were a cute little garnish.

Here it is in more organized form....

Black Bean & Spinich 'Dillas
2 corn tortillas
1/3 cup black beans
1/2 onion
1/3 cup WW shredded Mexican cheese
1 handful of fresh spinich
Layer all ingredients atop one of the tortillas, place the second on top. Heat on top of the stove for a few minutes, flip, repeat. Serve with fat free sour cream and salsa.
Serving size 1 quesadilla
WW points 5

1 comment:

  1. Glad you have enjoyed the 'dillas! You are right, the flip is a little tricky.

    ReplyDelete