2/19/10

Fishin' for One (Tilapia)

This is a big day for me. Seriously. I just cooked, ate, and actually enjoyed fish. I would have taken a picture had I not devoured the whole thing in a matter of minutes. What's even better, said fish was not dripping in butter and flour. A while back, while visiting Jennifer and company in Starkville, I picked up some frozen Tilapia. She had recommended it, saying that she and BJ eat it pretty regularly. Knowing that I need to eat more fish, for health benefits and all that jazz, I picked some up. I have cooked it twice since then. The first time, it was dripping in flour and butter and I almost burned my house down. The second time, I tried to lighten it up. However, I convinced myself that it was not cooked all the way and I was going to contract some horrid illness if I ate it. In the trash it went. I had a Lean Cuisine instead. But tonight is one of those nights that I didn't want a Lean Cuisine. Its been a busy week at work and I was really hankerin' for something cooked at home, not eaten while driving like a maniac down highway 82. But alas, Brandon is working tonight so I didn't want to do anything big that was going to leave behind a lot of leftovers. My mind traveled to the fish in the freezer. Did some research, plugged some info into my trusty WW recipe builder, and went fishin' for one.

Tilapia for One
1 4 oz Tilapia fillet
1 clove garlic (chopped)
1/2 T butter
juice of half a lemon
1 tsp parsley
salt and pepper to taste

In a small pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic, saute for about 1 minute. Add lemon juice, remove from heat. Spray a small baking dish with cooking spray, place fish in the dish. Top with butter mixture, salt and pepper, and parsley. Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Plate the fish, pour any juices from the dish over the fish.

Serving size 1 fillet with butter mixture
WW points 4

I am so thrilled that it is the weekend. I am even more thrilled that I am making a pair of shorts in my sewing class tomorrow. My teacher is really excited about us learning how to make shorts...she claims that we are just going to love them. My fingers are crossed that these "shorts" are really going to be a cute pair of diaper covers, since I was wanting to make some of those for the Baby Girl A. However, if i end up making myself a pair of elastic waist shorts, I promise I will post pictures. I might even wear them to work Monday with a nice pair of tights.

No comments:

Post a Comment