2/23/10

Miracle Meatloaf (Turkey Meatloaf)

It is a complete and total miracle that this meal made it to the table last night. First, I broke the vacuum cleaner when I inadvertently rolled over a bra. Then, my sewing machine experienced something that could only be compared to a gorilla tap dancing on a trashcan. Turns out it was a simple bobbin issue. Whew! Up next - that horrible McDonald's fillet o' fish jingle got stuck in my head. Give me that fillet o' fish....give me that fish! If you haven't heard it, I hope you never do.
For some reason or another, I decided to brave the kitchen to cook some supper. This in itself was a big deal, considering I was coming off of a pretty big cooking disappointment that occurred Sunday night. I attempted to make some oven fried chicken strips. I'm sure they were good, but my eerie feelings towards cooking chicken got the best of me and I didn't eat them. I decided to make a turkey meatloaf that I found on Real Simple. It was not until after I got the old girl shaped up into a 10 inch loaf that I realized I had forgotten the salt and pepper. Then, it was half way through the cook time that I realized I had also forgotten the most important part of meatloaf...the ketchup. It was at this point that I felt defeated. Enter - Miracle Meatloaf. It actually worked! And who knows how amazing it would have been if I would not have forgotten the S and P? Well, we will know, because this one is a keeper. If you like meatloaf - check this one out!

Turkey Meatloaf
1 1/2 lb lean ground turkey
1 onion, chopped
4 cups spinach, thick stems removed and leaves chopped
1 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 tbl dijon mustard
1 large egg white
1/2 each salt and pepper
1/4 cup ketchup
Heat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, combine turkey onion, spinach, parsley, bread crumbs, mustard, egg white, salt and pepper.
Transfer the mixture to a baking sheet and form it into a 10 inch loaf. Spread with ketchup. Bake until cooked through, 45 - 50 minutes

Servings 6
WW points 5

Happy Tuesday!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! A happy ending to a crazy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...love ground turkey. I want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is that on the side? Smashed potatoes?

    ReplyDelete