2/5/10

My Crock Pot Runneth Over (WW White Bean Chicken Chili)

Seriously. Would you like to come to dinner? Because I have enough. However, enough of this amazingly yummy White Bean Chicken Chili is far from a bad thing. I got this from my dear friend Mary Straton and it does not disappoint. If you are not a follower of hers, you should be.
I have lots of favorites about this recipe, among them are the low point value, the amazing taste, how cheap it is to make, and the fact that it is made in a crock pot. I am a huge fan of a crock pot. Nothing better than coming home from a long, hard day and walking into supper being all hot and bubbly and ready to eat. I made only two tweaks to this recipe. I used a whole instead of a half onion and I put my chicken breasts in the crock pot whole. Thirty minutes before it was done, I took the chicken out, shredded it, and returned it to the pot. I did this only because I am extremely grossed out by raw chicken and do everything within my power to not have to touch it. Here we go...


WW White Bean Chicken Chili
32 oz fat free chicken broth
2 (15 oz) cans cannellini beans
2 (15 oz) cans of Great Northern beans
1 (15 oz) navy beans
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 packet McCormick White Chicken Chili Seasoning
2 tsp ground red pepper
4 raw chicken breast
Cut chicken breast into small pieces and place in the crock pot. Add onion and dump the remaining ingredients in. Cook in the crock pot on low for 8 - 10 hours.
Serving size 1 cup (makes approximately 16 cups)
WW points 3
*Great with a little reduced fat cheese and sour cream, just be sure to adjust the points value!

Be warned...make sure you have a large crock pot . I worried all day at work that I was going to come home with a kitchen full of chicken chili. Wouldn't that be for the birds to walk in to on a Friday? It's a good thing, however, as I already have my ziplocks out, ready to fill up, label, and stick in the freezer. I hear it freezes well.

Posted by Picasa

In crafting news, I'm heading to Starkville in the morning to start my sewing lessons. I could not be more thrilled. I hope to be whipping out fully lined tote bags in no time. To bad I have NO CLUE how to turn the thing on. They promise me its a beginner class.
Happy Crocking!

1 comment: