2/12/10

Slow Jam Jambalaya

A few weeks ago, I enjoyed Nick Seabergh's Jambalaya. Since that night, I've thought a lot about Jambalaya and how It could be whipped up to be more WW friendly. This recipe is one that I found on the world wide web, I'm pretty sure from Allrecipes. I adjusted a few of the ingredients to be more points friendly and it's not to shabby if you ask me! And of course, I love that it is made in the crock pot - hence it's name "Slow Jam" Jambalaya. There is a decent amount of chopping, I did all of that the night before and just put everything in the fridge. It was pretty fun - rockin out in the kitchen to some good tunes while dancin' and choppin' is one of my favorite past times. That way, it was nothing to dump everything in the pot the next day. Let's jam!

Slow Jam Jambalaya

1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast halves cut into 1 inch cubes

1 lb smoked turkey sausage

28 oz diced tomatoes with juice

1 large onion, chopped

1 large green bell pepper, chopped

1 cup celery, chopped

1 cup fat free chicken broth

2 tsp dried oregano

2 tsp dried parsley

2 tsp Tonys

1 tsp cayenne

1/2 tsp dried thyme

1 lb frozen, cooked shrimp without tails

In a crock pot, mix the first 12 ingredients. Cover, cook on low for 7 - 8 hours or high for 3 - 4 hours. Shir in shrimp during the last 30 minutes of cook time.

Servings 11

WW Points 5 points for 1 cup

Just a few notes on this one - next time I make this I will put more seasonings in. It was good, just could have used another kick. Also - I ate mine with brown rice. 3/4 of a cup of minute brown rice is two points.
Working on a sewing project that involves a dishtowel and a pair of scrub pants. Curious?
TGIF.Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment