2/15/10

Turkey Breath (Turkey Joes)

Hey, turkey breath. If you know my mom at all, she has probably called you "turkey breath" before. Or, she has referred to you as a "big ole rat" (that's me and my friends when we would come in too late.) Or she's called you a "rack monster" That one is generally referring to Chickey when she does not get out of the bed. Here's a picture of mom and Alex - it's one of my favorites ever. When I was cooking supper tonight, I couldn't help but think of mom. I knew that she calls people something related to a turkey, but I couldn't quite remember what. She quickly informed me that it is "turkey breath." That's my mom - love it.
With all of the turkey talk, here is a great WW recipe featuring turkey. When I first started the plan, I made this constantly. I dusted it off for supper tonight and I'm very glad I did. Gobble, gobble.
Turkey Joes
1 lb extra lean ground turkey
1 large onion, chopped
1 tsp garlic
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup mustard
1/4 cup bbq sauce
2 tbl Worcestershire sauce
1 tbl vinegar (maybe a little less, i usually use a capful)
1/2 tsp celery seed
salt and pepper to taste
light wheat hamburger buns

In a large pan over medium-high heat, brown turkey, onions, and garlic. Once it is done, add the rest of the ingredients (minus the bun, obviously). Reduce heat to low, simmer for about twenty minutes. Serve with light hamburger buns.

Serving size about 1 cup - serves 5
WW points 4

You can adjust the "sloppyness" of these by adjusting the amount of ketchup, mustard, and bbq. I wouldn't get to crazy though or else it will alter the points value. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment