3/10/10

Accountability

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a huge fan of goals, especially short term ones. In group most Fridays, we talk about setting goals for the weekend. We discuss the importance of setting goals that are measurable, attainable, and positive. We discuss how goals act as our "MAP" (ha, get it?) to help keep you on track and get to where we want to be. We also review the importance of having an "accountability partner" or someone who you tell you are going to do something. In theory, telling someone that you are going to do something kind of nudges you to do it for real. Which brings me to my point.
Starting this blog is all about accountability. As per usual, however, just when I thought things were all calm, they got all crazy. Work has been wild, I've been running all over the place every weekend, and I have all but stopped cooking. As it is in the therapy process, I try to do things to hold myself accountable when I feel like things are getting wild. Now I'm really getting to the point.
This whole accountability idea is the reason behind me talking nonstop about "30 Day Shred" all day today. I was inspired by a friend of mine who has started the program and has stamped it with "intense" thus far. I'm ready to shred it. It's a 20 minute, 30 day workout. When things are crazy and I don't have time to cook, I can at least fit that in, right? Anyway, if I talk about doing it to people, then I have to do it. Right? And then if I introduce it to the blog then i really have to do it. The world wide web is my accountability partner. First step, buying the DVD. I'm probably really going to regret writing this. If you need me, I'll be workin' on my fitness.
Recipes soon. I've got some goodies.

4 comments:

  1. I have that! It is great! Warning, you will defiantly be sore two days after the first time you do the workout! It sneaks up on you! I have done several workout DVDs but this is the only one that I really stuck with. You will love it! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking at this too! Have you ordered it? I will do it with you! You know I need some accountability too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh! how dare you hide this amazing blog from me!!! shred it sista:) i'm on day 4!

    ReplyDelete