3/29/10

Back of the Box (Italian Pizza Bake)

You stop, Bisquick. You stop making my life so easy. No, don't stop. I love it. I have been working this week to simplify. More specifically, simplify my pantry. I am bad to buy one ingredient then let it just sit in the pantry, never to be used again. This is why each time I move, I am amazed at the treasures I find. Or disturbed? Either one. In an effort to try to use things in the pantry - I spent some time with the back of the Bisquick box. I got it a week ago to make the hamburger pie. Little did I know the possibilities it would hold. A thought on back of the box recipes...they intrigue me. Especially the ones on bags of shredded cheese or sour cream. But that's a whole other, non WW post all together. One of the recipes on the back of this particular box is for an Italian Pizza Bake. It was quite easy to make, very cheap, and was perfect for two. I'm working to add more budget friendly recipes - this one is great on the pocket book. I got a package of chicken breast tenderloins, cooked it, shredded it up, and plan on using the rest to make some Chickey salad. In regards to the amount - it only makes two servings so there was not a lot going to waste. I am also bad to NOT eat all of my leftovers. I'm easy to get bored. So here it is! I hope you enjoy - I thought it was yum.

Italian Pizza Bake

1/3 cup reduced fat baking mix (I use Heart Smart Bisquick)

2 tbl fat free egg substitute OR 1 egg white

1 tbl water

1/8 tsp garlic powder

1/4 cup diced green bell pepper

1/4 cup chopped onion

1/2 cup shredded chicken breast

1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes - Italian style

1/4 tsp Italian seasoning

1/4 cup shredded reduced fat mozzarella cheese

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 8x4 inch loaf pan. Stir baking mix, egg, water and garlic powder; spread in pan.

Cook pepper and onion in a lightly sprayed skillet over medium high heat until onion is tender. stir in chicken, tomatoes and seasoning; heat until hot. spoon over batter in pan. Sprinkle with cheese.

Bake about 20 minutes. Divide into two pieces.

Serving size 1 piece
WW points 4


On the creativity end of things - here is a picture of my next project. I am way excited. Just need to get the pattern cut out and jump on it! I did finish up a onsie dress today on my lunch break. Onsies and elastic are both kind of tricky. It is for that reason that the skirt is completely slanted. Or is it because i still really don't know what I'm doing? Regardless, the baby girl will just be cute as a button in her crooked skirted dress.
A shred it update - I start tomorrow morning. The DVD came in Saturday and it has been haunting me ever since. Of course, I came up with a pretty good excuse - no weights! And the wal mart didn't have any. Well, they did. Just not the right size. I realized this afternoon that excuse was not going to hold me for very long - off the the store I went. I must say, I got quite the workout just carrying them up to the checkout. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment