3/31/10

Fear Leaving the Body (Blueberry Pancakes)

In my opinion, Jillian Michaels could tone it down a bit. During the third cycle of ab work on the 30 Day Shred, that is what she hollers out at you. "That knot in your stomach is just fear leaving the body!!!!" So gruff. There are several times in the DVD where I just look at her. However, I know that is my passive aggressive way to get a break after she has told me that if you are only going to work out for 20 minutes, you don't get to take a break.

My second day of 30 Day Shred was this morning, I hear that it REALLY hits you on the second day. I have enjoyed the video thus far. It is challenging, but not so challenging that it makes me want to stop. While I can't find my six pack abs yet, I'm sure they're somewhere. This video has taught me several important lessons. I agree with my co-worker / friend Lauren who said yesterday that after starting the Shred, she learned that she has the upper body strength of a leaf. Me, too. I must admit that the section with push ups has found me taking the opportunity to get a nice child's pose like yoga stretch in. OOOOOooooommmmmmm. I have also learned why the Wii Active system is a good one for me. It calls me out if I cheat. Since the sensor is attached to your leg, it knows if you start to slack. It will say things like "you'll have to work harder than that!" which usually gets me back on track. I hate to get in trouble. Another lesson - I actually don't mind ab work. This shocks me.




All of that fear leaving the body can make a gal hungry. Here is a quick recipe for Blueberry Pancakes. This post could have also been titled "Back of the Box Dos." I had them for breakfast this morning. Quick, easy, yum.

Blueberry Pancakes

1 cup low fat baking mix

2/3 cup water

2 tbl egg substitute

3/4 cup fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) blueberries

Stir first three ingredients until blended. Gently stir in blueberries. Pour by slightly less than 1/4 cupfuls into well greased pan. Cook until bubbly on top. Turn, cook until golden. Makes 8 pancakes.

Serving size 4 pancakes

WW points 5

Happy Wednesday! And a shout-out to my Nanny - she's a reader of the blog. Hey Nanny! See you Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it!! Sitting down was the worst for me, but it gets better. Think of swimsuit season!

    ReplyDelete