3/26/10

My Favorite (Southwestern Turkey Burgers)

This is my absolute favorite WW recipe - ever. I love it. It makes me REAL excited. It's very summery, very light, pretty easy, and taste test approved by non WW peeps. I wish I had a picture of myself smiling real big while I ate it - but I don't. So here it is!

Southwestern Turkey Burgers
adapted from weightwatchers.com

1 lb uncooked lean ground turkey
6 baked tortilla chips, crushed
1/3 cup salsa
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped fine
3 green onions, chopped fine
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
cooking spray
4 light wheat hamburger buns
lettuce
tomato
additional salsa

Combine first 8 ingredients. This is a lot easier if you just dive in there with your bare hands. Divide mixture into 4 equal parts - shape into a 1/2 inch thick patty.

Heat a large skillet over medium heat - coat with cooking spray. Add patties to pan. Cook until done on one side, then flip over and cook until done on the other side. How long is hard to say - the meat will turn white. I usually do it about ten minutes on each side. However, my stove is kind of crazy and doesn't always cook on the temp it says it does. Cut one open if you have to.

Put a burger on each bun, top with lettuce, tomato, and additional salsa. Sometimes - i throw a piece of reduced fat cheese on top (adjust points.)

Serving size 1 burger
WW points 5

TGIF, people. TGIF. Seriously.

May this be a weekend full of favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment