3/7/10

New Tags and Growing Things

Etsy. The greatest website. If you can't find it on Etsy, chances are it doesn't exist. When I started my sewing adventure, I knew I wanted a name for the things that I made. Enter sew-in labels from Etsy. Now, it was just time for a name. The first thing that came was "Alex & Leo" - a combination of my niece and my dear friend's son. I, personally, think it's kind of adorable. These are blankets that I made for Alex and Leo - they have patiently sat in the sewing room for several weeks, just waiting for their name tags. At this time - blankets have been delivered to the babes, moms are excited, and I'm gearing up for my first clothes show late spring. Wait a minute, not really. I should probably back it on up considering that just a few minutes ago, when turning my tote bag inside out, I realized that the straps were somehow sewn in the inside of the bag. Not sure what that even means, much less how it happens. What I do know that a tote bag without straps is not a tote bag at all. I'm not giving up though. Heck, I have way to many tags to give up now.
I'm just back from a weekend adventure in New Orleans. My friend Leah celebrated her bachelorette party and a good time was had by all. I much enjoyed hangin' with my dear friend Win. In true bachelorrette party form, there was over-indulgence on all fronts. When coming down from a big, over-indulgent weekend I try my best to do something productive on Sunday to get myself back into the swing of things. This productive moment came by way of gardening. I am now the proud owner of a mini Jiffy greenhouse. I have seven herbs and one tomato working to take root and then be planted outside. I am looking forward to using said herbs in lots of new, fresh WW meals. I love to attempt to grow things. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I cannot get over how awesome those blankets are!! Congratulations! You are so talented:)

    ReplyDelete