4/27/10

Hee hee ha ha (Laughing Turkey Burgers)

Good co-workers are the best. My good co-worker / friend Lauren and I spent a large part of the day today discussing the delightfully funny snack that is laughing cow cheese. I swear...if we weren't doing notes or group, or if I wasn't karate kicking her door open to say hello, we were discussing this cheese. I usually eat it on wheat saltines (five crackers and one wedge of cheese for two points) but our disucssion today was focused on enjoying the snack on a Wasa cracker. On it's own, this cracker kinda tastes like cardboard. With a wedge of laughing cow cheese slathered on top of it, it is delightful (not to mention, one point.) The discussion eventually turned to turkey burgers as Lauren shared a tid bit of knowledge about putting a wedge of Laughing Cow INSIDE of a turkey burger. Glory be, this should be good.
Luckily, I had some leftover extra lean ground turkey and a wedge 'o laughing cow. After a little research, supper was born.


Laughing Turkey Burgers
inspired by Lauren B.


1/4 lb extra lean ground turkey
1 egg white
1 tbl seasoned breadcrumbs
1 tbl chopped parsley
1/4 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
1 wedge of Laughing Cow cheese (I used garlic and herb)


Combine all ingredients except for the cheese. Take half of the mixture, form it into a patty. Place cheese wedge on top. Take the rest of turkey mixture and mold it on top.


Cook the burger however you prefer; I did mine on the stove. Enjoy with a light wheat bun.


Serving size 1 burger
WW points 5 for one patty (add point(s) for bun)


This was the recipe that I plugged into the WW website to get the points. However, next time I will use less turkey. The burger was HUGE and was tough to tell when it was cooked through. Despite that, it was very good.

In horse racing news, I'm getting way pumped about the Kentucky Derby. I don't follow horseracing really (that's more of Chickey's deal) but I do love to watch a race. There is something about that few minutes before the race when people are milling around, being all excited. Despite my lack of knowledge, I have picked a winner. Homeboykris. This decision was based purely on the name. Homeboykris? How could this horse NOT win. Now, all I need is a hat...

2 comments:

  1. Hey. Just wanted to let you know I enjoy reading your blog and your recipes! Also, I am WAY impressed with your sewing skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the name of the burgers...

    ReplyDelete