4/14/10

Picnics, Pasta, and Pictures (LT's Pasta Salad)

Long day at work + not wanting to have anything to do with being in the kitchen + lovely day + 7 point chicken sandwich from back yard burger + picnic basket for a bridesmaid gift = one rockin' supper on the Yazoo River in Greenwood. Ahhhhhh. Oh so nice. I love the spring time. Brandon and I were able to sit outside by the river and enjoy our BYB with no mosquitoes. I'll enjoy it while it lasts, as soon we won't be able to see through the dark cloud that is a pack a Delta mosquitoes. Another good thing about the spring time...the easy, fresh food. Enter pasta salad, my favorite spring treat. This is a recipe I lifted from Laura T's blog. Its very yummy and very low in points. So low, in fact, that I recalculated it several times because I just knew that my non math minded self had made a mistake. Be prepared to share this with friends...it makes about a million pounds.
LT's Pasta Salad
1 lb sliced grilled chicken (I cooked mine in skillet with salt, pepper, and lemon pepper)
1 package whole wheat pasta (I used Barilla Plus Rotini), prepared according to package directions
1 lb asparagus, sliced into 1 inch pieces
1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
1 cup fresh basil, chopped
1 cup fat free Italian dressing
salt and pepper to taste
Combine chicken, pasta, asparagus, tomatoes, basil, dressing, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Refrigerate for a few hours before serving.
Serving size 1 cup
WW points 2
What goes better with picnics and pasta salad than a wedding photo montage (and Modern
Family in the background)? Nothing. That's what.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment