4/12/10

Pride and Crocking (Creamy Salsa Chicken)

Pardon me while I take a few minutes to raise the roof....ok, I'm done. I completed a sewing project today and had two exciting successes.
1. I did not sew the bloomer ruffles onto themselves.
2. I did not sew the front of the t-shirt to the back of the t-shirt.
Kind of a big deal, and I'm kind of excited.
How cute will Baby A be in this little outfit? So exciting.
Today was my day off and I must say that I enjoyed it. Got some sewing done (obviously), finished up lecture notes for my class tomorrow night, and ran my beast of a vacuum. None of this may sound like much fun to anyone else, but to me - it was blissful. Total nerd alert, I know, but I'm over it. It's the simple things in life that make me happy.

Mondays are my weigh in day for WW. This really is a bad day, considering that a lot of my cheating occurs between Thursday night and Sunday afternoon. This weekend was no different considering that if I get within 20 miles of Gino's, consider this girl there. Eating a chili and slaw burger with cheese. Oh yeah. Back to the weigh in, it wasn't cute OR funny. In an effort to go forward instead of backward I decided to try out a new recipe. I went back to old faithful (a crock pot meal involving shredded chicken). I know I said a few weeks ago that the crocker was going up for the summer, but that was a lie. I just can't seem to part with the old girl. This is another one that I found while cruising the WW message boards - I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Creamy Salsa Chicken

1 lb chicken breast
1 can corn (drained)
1 can black beans (drained)
1 can rotel
1 cup salsa
8 oz fat free cream cheese

Combine all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on low for six hours. About thirty minutes before you eat it, remove the chicken, shred it up, and return it to the pot.

Serving size 1 cup
WW points 4

I had this with whole wheat tortillas (the ones I get are 2 points a piece). I had a half a cup in each tortilla bringing the grand total of the meal to 8 points. Very filling, which is always a good thing. Other users on the WW website suggested to eat this over brown rice. I'm sure that's good and if I can ever master the art of cooking rice, I'll give it a try.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I LOVE that little outfit! Ever considered boys clothes??? Hmmm, if you decide to give it a shot, please let me be the first to know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outfit is super cute. Meal sounds delish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lindsey! I would love to start making boy stuff but don't have any patterns! I will for sure start looking for some and let you know when i figure them out.

    ReplyDelete