4/7/10

Skinny Enchies

There are lots of things that one misses when they make a big change in life. Example - after starting WW, I deeply missed all of the amazing, full fat casseroles that I often made. My personal favorite for a while was Creamy Chicken Enchiladas. It was a recipe of my mom's and whoa, it was so good. Fast forward some years to when Brandon and I discovered Paula D's version of Chicken Enchiladas. Very similar, just add 17 more cups of cheese and heavy whipping cream. We ended up combining the two recipes and created a meal that could make you cry and stop your heart, all at the same time. Alas, there comes a time when one has to give up the full fat casseroles. Not that I don't cheat on points, I totally do, but it's hard for me to justify cooking an entire meal that in no way resembles the WW.
Imagine my joy when i discovered a recipe on the WW website for Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas. I was ELATED. Even more ELATED when they actually turned out to be good! Here is my version of them - which I have lovingly named Skinny Enchies. Only because I think that's cute.

Skinny Enchies
adapted from weightwatchers.com

8 oz reduced fat Velveeta
1/2 cup fat free sour cream
1/4 cup fat free evaporated milk
5 green onions, chopped
1/4 tsp ground red pepper
3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
6 whole wheat tortillas
1/4 cup low fat sharp cheddar cheese
salsa

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.

Combine Velveeta and sour cream in a microwave safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap, heat until melted (about 3 minutes). Transfer 1/2 of cheese mixture into a small bowl, add in evaporated milk, set aside. To the remaining cheese mixture, add chicken, green onions, and red pepper.
Fill each tortilla with a little shy of 2/3 cup of chicken/cheese mixture. Wrap them, place them seam side down in baking dish. After all tortillas are stuffed and wrapped, top with the cheese/milk mixture. Sprinkle cheddar on top.

Cook until all cheese is melted, about 20 minutes. Serve with salsa.

Serving size 1 enchilada
WW Points 6

Happy Wednesday! Hope it's been a stellar week so far. Where has it gone? There are so many things left unchecked on my to do list...

3 comments:

  1. Um.. YUM!! Sounds Awesome! You have kinda had a busy week. Sometimes it's good when they fly by:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many points? Did you eat it as stand alone meal or with a side? This looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I added the points value to the post! I had one enchilada with about a cup of green beans.

    ReplyDelete