4/25/10

That sandwich is not going to cook itself....(Sausage, Onion, and Pepper Sanwiches)

...so says Brandon. Very funny, Brandon. It was a laid back Saturday and sandwiches were on deck. When one thinks of a sandwich, one doesn't usually think about cooking or a lot of prep work. This one, however, does take a few minutes to put together. Hence Brandon reminding me that it was, in fact, not going to cook itself and I should go ahead and get on it instead of continuing to talk about how hungry I was. Very glad I did, twas quite enjoyable.

Sausage, Onion, and Pepper Sandwiches
adapted from weightwatchers.com

cooking spray
8 oz turkey sausage, sliced
1 tsp olive oil
1 tbl minced garlic
1 medium yellow OR vidalia onion, thinly sliced (I couldn't find a Vidalia)
1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 medium green bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 tbl balsamic vinegar
8 oz Italian bread

Heat medium skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat, brown turkey sausage. Remove from skillet and cover to keep warm.

Add oil to skillet and heat for 45 seconds. Add garlic, onions, and both peppers to the skillet. Cook until soft. Return sausage to skillet. Add balsamic vinegar, toss to combine.

Split Italian bread not quite all the way through, top with sausage mixture. Cut into 4 equal pieces.

Serving size 1/4 of loaf
WW points 5

I used raspberry balsamic vinegar for this recipe. Not necessarily because I was being bold and experimenting with flavors, but because that was all I had. It turned out pretty good

Another weekend come and gone. Despite the horrid weather warnings, the weather in Oxford ended up being absolutely PERFECT. What is not perfect though is the fact that despite my best intentions - I got 3 pictures. One picture was absolutely awful. AWFUL. It's already been deleted. Here is one of me and Kallie.


Dinner was at the Waltz. It was not exactly WW but worth every single extra point. We walked it off later that night anyway. Yeah, I'll keep telling myself that.

After a shopping trip with Lindsey, lunch at Proud Larry's, and the purchase of anti aging cream, I began the trip back the the 'wood. Took a detour to the Lowes in Batesville and picked up these pretty purple petunias. They're the trailing variety. So exciting.

It's definitely almost summer, there is a cricket in my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment