4/24/10

Thunder Clap (Carbonara-is Spaghetti)

What does one do when rudely awakened by a thunder clap at 6 am on a Saturday? Blog about pasta, of course. Who am I kidding. I'm usually up obnoxiously early without the help of a storm. Oh, well. Keurig and the Today show are good with me.

On to the pasta.

I made this for supper last night, yum. I was kind of nervous about the process, egg and all, but it worked out and came together to make a lovely meal. One day, I will have a fancy camera that will take pictures of all of my food without making it look like a ghost. Quick, easy, and cheap (if you keep things like parm and turkey bacon on hand).

Whole Wheat Carbonara-ish Spaghetti
adapted from weightwatchers.com

8 oz whole wheat spaghetti
4 slices of turkey bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 egg, beaten
1 egg white, beaten
6 tbl Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and set aside.

In a large pan over medium heat, cook bacon and garlic until bacon is crisp, stirring often. When bacon is crisp, add cooked spaghetti, eggs, and cheese. Remove from heat. Toss well to coat, making sure egg cooks. Serve immediately.

Serving size 1 cup
WW points 4

I'm off to Oxford this afternoon (after risk of severe weather subsides, of course) to attend the Double Decker festivities and hang out with friends. Pack it up and move it out, rain!




No comments:

Post a Comment