4/3/10

Whole Lot of Nothingn (Chicken Parmesan)

I require a lot of down time. Like, a WHOLE lot. I cherish my weekend mornings and get a bit cranky if I don't get enough couch / coffee / staring at the wall time. This is just one of the reasons that I love a long weekend. I'm on day two of a four day-er. Good Friday yesterday and starting this week, our office is going to a four day week, which makes me off on Monday. This freaked me out at first, seeing as there will be a pay cut involved AND an entire stretch of day with nothing to do. However, I'm becoming OK with it and realizing that today I don't have to bust it all out (laundry, groceries, cleaning house, etc) today - I can do stuff on Monday! YES! So today I chill.
It really has been a great weekend thus far. Thursday night, friends
Kallie and Win were in town and a fun group of us went to Luscos. WW it was not, but delicious it was. Much of Friday was spent resting from Thursday, staying up late visiting and all. I did get a dress for Alex made - it was actually pretty easy to make. I only had to get the seam ripper after it twice. Other big Friday activities included cleaning out the car and date night with Brandon at Delta Bistro. I also finished a book - Jodi Picoult's Change of Heart. It was intriguing throughout, but had a horrible ending. Or maybe I was just SO TIRED that i accidentally skipped some pages OR totally just didn't get it. I'd spend your time doing something else. Like making WW Chicken Parmesan.
This is Brandon's favorite WW meal. It is very good, but is pretty labor intensive. It involves chicken, more specifically pounding chicken breast to 1/2 an inch thickness. This totally gets me and I complained about it the whole time I did it. How's that for a joyful heart? Anywho - try it out. It's good.

Chicken Parmesan
from weightwatchers.com

29 oz canned diced tomatoes, with Italian herbs
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tbl sugar
1 tbl balsamic vinegar
1 lb uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast (four 4 oz pieces)
1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
4 tsp olive oil
cooking spray
3/4 oz part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Combine first five ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 35 minutes. Stir in sugar and vinegar; simmer 5 minutes

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Place each chicken breast between plastic wrap; pound to 1/2 inch thickness. Dredge chicken in breadcrumbs.

Arrange chicken in baking dish covered with cooking spray. Pour tomato mixture evenly over chicken, and sprinkle with cheeses. Cover and bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Let stand for five minutes.

Serving size 1 chicken breast, 3/4 cup of tomato mixture, and 1 ounce cheese mixture
WW Points 7

I usually serve this with whole wheat pasta. Just be sure to adjust the points value!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness... You are SO talented, LM! That dress is precious and looks absolutely amazing, and the recipe for chicken parmesan sounds delicious! Hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete