5/2/10

Bad Weather and Burritos (Breakfast Burritos)

This might be my last post for a while, there's a strong possibility that I might float away. The rain continues in Greenwood, acting as a sort of liquid steroid for the clover in my yard. Jokes aside, we are very lucky her in the 'wood. I woke up to the tornado sirens at about 830 this morning - luckily it missed us. As for now, the rain continues. I'm sure it will stop soon and then the humidity will get cranked up. All of this means that I'll probably not be leaving the house anytime soon and am looking at a lovely, lazy Sunday. A lovely, lazy Sunday has to start with a kickin' breakfast.

One of my favorite things in the world is a breakfast burrito. I'm for real. I love them. My favorite one right now is from Veronica's Bakery here in Greenwood. If you are in the area, check them out. But you'd better hurry - they are packing it up and moving to Hawaii at the end of the month. Breakfast burritos can be a little heavy on the points, so I was delighted to find a recipe for one in the Hungry Girl cookbook. It goes a little something like this....


Breakfast Burritos
adapted from Hungry Girl


1 whole wheat tortilla
1/2 cup egg beaters
2 slices turkey bacon
1/4 cup fat free shredded cheddar
salsa (optional)


Cook turkey bacon until crisp. While bacon is cooking, add egg beaters to a small skillet sprayed with cooking spray and scramble until cooked. Heat tortilla in the microwave for about 15 seconds.


In the tortilla, layer cheese, eggs, and bacon. Roll up burrito and place on plate, seam side down. Microwave for about 20 seconds. Serve with salsa, if desired.


Serving size 1 burrito
WW points 6


This is more points than I usually spend on breakfast. However, it was big and pretty filling. I think it's perfect for a weekend breakfast OR as breakfast for supper. And who doesn't love breakfast for supper? Also - my tortilla was worth 3 points. If you live in a bigger city with less annoying grocery stores, I bet you could find one for less points which would make the whole show less points.


I am in major need of a fabric store in my town right now. There are so many projects I want to complete - I just keep adding to the list. I'm overwhelmed. But in a good way. Lot's of super secrete crafting going on.





Lindsey, Me, and Leah at Liz's wedding. Love some time with friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment