5/8/10

Busy Breakfast (Breakfast Sandwiches)

Can this girl rock a head lamp or what? This is my friend Clare, trying to figure out if the catfish was ready on the grill or not. I had dinner with her and her family Thursday night - I'm looking forward to recreating this meal in a more WW friendly form. Grilled catfish and grilled vegetables? Yes, please. We also had jalapeno poppers WITH reduced fat cream cheese and turkey bacon. Yep - grillin' season is here. Maybe this will be my year to figure out how to actually use the grill. Just maybe.
Couple of goings on - gearing up for a big trip to Oxford today. Chickey is having her first of many graduations from pharmacy school. So proud of her. And looking forward to getting to spend time with the family. Many pictures of this to come.
I'm gearing up to start my new job on Monday. I will go from a 10 minute drive to work to a 35 minute drive to work. I'm trying to think of how many things I can (safely) do in the car on my way to work. I've decided I can do the following: let my hair air dry, get my daily news on the CNN radio (I'll be missing the Today show!), drink my morning coffee, and eat a yum breakfast sandwich. Would you like to eat a yum breakfast sandwich on the way to work? Well - here's the recipe. Win has been all over this blog this week - this one is hers, too!

Turkey Breakfast Sandwich
from Win

1 lb turkey breakfast sausage (casings removed)
1/4 egg beaters
1 cup Weight Watchers cheese (i use Mexican)
1/2 onion, chopped small
whole wheat English muffins

Brown sausage and onion in a medium pan sprayed with cooking spray. Combine cooked sausage and onion, egg beaters, and cheese.

Split English muffins in half. Divide the sausage mixture evenly among English muffin halves.

Cook in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.

Serving size 1/2 of English muffin topped with sausage mixture
WW points 4

I prepare a batch of these, wrap them individually in foil, and put them in a zip lock in the freezer before cooking them. I pull them out and cook them one at a time - which makes them perfectly easy for an on the go breakfast. Nice!
Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment