5/13/10

Compromise (WW Pizza)

Does this look a little odd to you?
Yes. It does. This is one WW person compromising with a non WW person. Brandon joined me for supper - I decided that, being the sweet girlfriend that I am, I would put a little extra cheese on 1/3 of it - so he wouldn't feel like he was being deprived. Not that he ever complains of feeling deprived - he happily gobbles up most WW meals that I make. Just compromising. Not that it needed the extra cheese - again, just because i'm a nice girlfriend. And because he's a sweet boyfriend. AWWWWW.
Last night's supper was WW Pizza. Nothing fancy, something that mom mom made for years. We ate it, not because we were counting points as a family but because it tasted good. The recipe has long since disappeared so I made it last night as I remembered it.

Classic WW Pizza

1 tube of pizza dough (I used Pillsbury Classic Crust)
1 lb extra lean ground turkey
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tbl Italian seasoning
1 small can tomato sauce
1 cup part skim mozzarella cheese
Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Unroll the pizza crust into the dish. Preheat oven according to package directions.
Cook turkey, along with onions and Italian seasoning (and maybe some salt and pepper if you fancy) until done. Add the tomato sauce and let it simmer for a few minutes.
Pour the turkey mixture over the pizza dough, allow to cool for a few minutes. Sprinkle cheese evenly on top.
Cook according to the directions given for cooking the dough (I cooked mine for 17 minutes). Remove from oven and let cool. Divide into six pieces.
Serving size 1 piece
WW points 6
Points Plus 8

Next time, I will add some turkey-ronis and some onions and bell peppers on top - Just to jazz things up. It is so good.

And it was even better, I feel, eaten outside in the driveway / patio (I rent, don't judge.)

In enjoying the outside before it gets insanely hot and mosquito ridden news, Brandon purchased a corn hole set from Big Lots yesterday. If you live in the area - come join us for a round! I'm warning you though, I'm really bad. You should NOT volunteer to be on my team.

3 comments:

  1. by far my favorite WW recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! i want i want!!! i'm a pizza lover. i'll be trying this one! my mom makes a great mexican-style WW pizza. made that one before? it's really good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LT-Mexican style WW pizza sounds like a MUST. Send it to me if you get the chance!

    ReplyDelete