5/16/10

Gowns and Gorp

Gorp, anyone? No, I don't really know what that word even means. I came across the "recipe" in a small cookbook of one and two point WW treats. I am a girl that loves a treat, especially a low point one. My complaint about this one is the small serving size (1/3 cup) and the fact that it is 2 WW points. However, it is very good. I went on the lake this weekend with dear friends and it proved to be a very good snack. I know it gave me the energy to survive the loooooong trek from the MS river to the Outing Club IN THE RAIN. I swear - if i get anywhere near that river it starts raining. Interesting fact - Asian Carp are made uncomfortable by the sound of a boat motor and will attempt to fling themselves into your craft. Scared the hell out of me.

Gorp
from WW Tasty To Go Treats

2 1/2 cups Wheat Chex cereal
1/2 cup unsalted almonds
1/2 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1/2 cup dried blueberries
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Combine all ingredients in an air tight container.

Serving size 1/3 cup
WW points 2

As i said, the points were a little high for me. However, I do think it's something good to have around the house - good to have for company, kids, etc.

In sewing news, I recently purchased this book after it was recommended to me by the staff of Ella Rose. I must admit that I was hesitant to stray away from children's clothing and the occasional curtain to make things for my self. I heard my Mom's voice over and over in my head asking...."Laura Merrill. You aren't going to start sewing all of your own clothes are you? I just don't want you to look hokey." Truthfully, she had every reason to worry. Not only do I struggle at times to dress myself, I am also painfully cheap when it comes to buying clothing. For these reasons I have stayed away from sewing for myself out of fear of turning into a plaid Simplicity patterned nightmare. Just because it has the word "vogue" in it doesn't make it cool. Anyway. I stumbled upon this little pattern for a nightgown. I enjoyed making it and despite accidentally cutting it in half - am proud of the way it turned out. Is there a tunic in my future? Yes. Yes there is.

1 comment:

  1. lol about your sewing clothes for yourself. Your night gown is so cute. I can't wait to see the tunic.

    I made some shorts for Stephen lately and I thought...mmm...I might just start making these for myself in a larger size.

    ReplyDelete