5/23/10

It's gettin' hot in here...(Creamy Corn)

Dang, it's been a HOT weekend. Sweltering, even. Despite the heat, it was a fun one. A friend of mine married in Oxford and I had a great time hanging with friends. That being said, it's tough to look cute when you're mopping your forehead with a napkin. At least I wasn't the only one.
Back to the heat. It makes me so lazy, not to mention easily agitated. I go through this at the start of every summer; it will take me a few weeks to adjust to it. My weekly meal planning / grocery trip was not even close to enjoyable and was made even worse by the fact that (a) the woman at the check put about 25 items in 23 different bags and (b) I had to check out 3 separate times due to forgetting things. It's the heat, I swear. Not surprisingly, I have not come up with many exciting meals for the week. In fact, there will be several repeats.
Tonight was an old favorite (Southwestern Turkey Burgers) and a new kid on the block (Creamy Corn). The creamy corn was pretty good. Not quite as good as the classic creamed corn with a ton of butter and cream, but it holds its own. And it's not overly complicated. That's nice for I'm having a heat induced meltdown.

Creamy Corn
from weightwatchers.com

2 tsp butter
3 green onions, chopped
2 1/2 frozen corn (do not thaw)
1 tbl flour
1 cup fat free milk
salt and pepper, to taste

Melt butter in a medium sauce pan. Add scallions, saute until soft (about 1 minute). Add corn, saute for about a minute. Add flour, toss to coat. Add milk, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 10 - 12 minutes or until thick.

Serving size 1/2 cup
WW points 2

Keep it cool, kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment