5/5/10

Taquitos!

Happy Cinco de Mayo! It's a great day to make TAQUITOS!! I made these for supper on Monday night. For all of you mothers out there...a friend of mine was there and her son (who is around 19 mos old) ate the heck out of these.

Taquitos
adapted from Hungry Girl

8 small yellow corn tortillas
10 oz shredded chicken breast
1/2 cup salsa
1/3 cup fat free shredded cheddar
1/2 tsp taco seasoning mix
optional: fat free sour cream, additional salsa for dipping

Preheat oven to 375. Combine chicken, salsa, cheddar, and seasoning mix. Stick it in the fridge for a bout 15 minutes. Meanwhile, wrap corn tortillas in moist paper towels, heat in the microwave for 1 minute.

Working with one tortilla at a time, take approximately 2 tbl of chicken mixture and and spread it on the tortilla. Roll up, secure with a toothpick. Place in a well greased baking dish. Repeat with rest of the tortillas.

Bake for 14 - 16 minutes or until crispy.

Serving size 2 taquitos
WW points 5

The original recipe called for canned chicken. I just couldn't do it. Just couldn't. I'm sure it's fine but I have pre-existing chicken issues and just couldn't do it. However, if using canned chicken - use 10 oz 98% fat free, drain it real good, and drop the points value down to 4.

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!! I want frozen drinks!

3 comments:

  1. have you tried pw's simple perfect enchiladas?? they are INCREDIBLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stalk your blog for WW recipes. A friend told me you posted them often! I have a question...what is the pattern for the outfit in the May 3rd post? I want to start sewing again (I've only done verrry little sewing in the past) and I love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lane...so glad you check the blog out! Both of the patterns I purchased from etsy.com. The criss cross pinafore is from a this store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/grainandgusset
    and the bloomers are from this store:
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/bellasymphony?section_id=5295549
    There are both pretty easy once you get through the first one. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete