5/3/10

A Winning Roast (Pot Roast)

This is one of my best buds, Win. Win and I grew up together - spent many a day running around the St. James playground. Our paths crossed again after collage when we both moved back to Greenville. Win was finishing up her nurses' training and me, well, I was just milling around - trying to find my way in life. Fun times, those two years in Greenville. She lives in New Orleans now, which is a little bit further than I would like her to be. At least I'll always have her pot roast recipe.
I love pot roast. Especially on a Sunday. It seems like just the thing to do on a Sunday - eat pot roast. After a year and a half on the WW I have just now calculated the points for this little jewel.

Win's Pot Roast

2.5 lb chuck tender roast
1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup
1 package onion soup mix
1 large baking potato, cut into large hunks
1 large onion, sliced
3 cloves of garlic, diced

Spray a large skillet with cooking spray, heat to high heat. Brown the roast on all sides. This will, according to my step-mother, keep the roast from looking like "boiled meat." Transfer roast to the crock pot.

Add soup, 1 can full of water, onion soup mix, potato, onion, and garlic. Cook on high for 6 hours, low for 8 hours.

Serving size 4 oz of meat
WW points 4

A few notes - I used chuck tender roast because it was what appeared to have the least fat on it. Any hunk 'o meat could be used but it might change the points value. Also, I did not calculate the points value in regards to how much gravy you get. I usually don't add any additional gravy to what i pull out of the pot and tend to go for the onions instead of the potatoes.

Today is my last Monday off before I start my new job. Big day planned....sewing, trip to Cleveland to get fabric (YES!), and hopefully some exercising. I say hopefully like I have no control over whether or not I work out. Three day work week....three days to pack up my office, do therapy, and finish all of my paperwork. It's bittersweet, really. I'm sad about leaving but looking forward to new opportunities. I must say though, if I could do anything in the world I would become a professional sewer - because this jazz is FUN.

Also this week - this girl is coming home. Words cannot describe how excited I am. Hurry home, Clare! And this time - maybe you won't go back to Denver? It's just so far. Happy Monday to all!








Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I love that Win made a post. I will have to try her pot roast recipe. I'm sure I had it many a time growing up.

    The little girl outfits you're making are precious! Hope you find some good fabric today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad you're leaving me THIS WEEK

    ReplyDelete