6/14/10

A Birthday Dinner and a Blog (Garlic Green Beans)

Yesterday was Brandon's dad's birthday, an event which i felt called for a pot roast. Pot roast has been posted here before so I won't revisit that. There was,however, a new kid on the block - Garlic Green Beans. I don't have pictures of the beans so everyone will just have to use their imagination. What I also don't have pictures of is what we looked like when we ate. I spent most of the afternoon yesterday sewin' and I knew I would go right back into it after dinner. For this reason, i did not clean off my table. In hindsight, this is kind of tacky. To invite people over to dinner then tell them "Sorry guys - no where to sit. Have fun balancing that massive plate of roast on your knee." The guests were gracious and everyone ended up being OK with stepping on top of the coffee table if they needed to get back to the kitchen. And now....the beans!

Garlic Green Beans
adapted from the Weight Watchers Five Ingredient Fifteen Minute Cookbook

1 10 oz bag trimmed green beans
1 cup grape tomatoes
1 tbl light butter
2 cloves garlic, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste

Prepare green beans according to bag directions (I steamed mine in the microwave.) Meanwhile, Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add tomatoes and garlic, cook, stirring constantly, for about 2 minutes. Add cooked green beans and salt and pepper, stir for about a minute or until everything is cooked through. Adjust seasonings to taste.

Serving size 3/4 cup
WW points 0

I would also like to take this opportunity to welcome my Ghi (pronounced with a hard G, rhymes with tea) Leah to the blog world. Join her as she cooks (with REAL butter) and makes her lovely little house into a home. Welcome, Ghi! Glad you took the plunge!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment