6/21/10

Happy Summer! (Summer Side Dishes)

image here

Welcome summer! At least now we can say that it's 105 and summer instead of 105 and spring. Summer = fresh veggies, and that's a plus. Not from my yard (I have a problem with creatures stealing my harvest) but from Greenwood's Old Time Farmer's Market. I spent some time playing there yesterday and had a large time picking and choosing what would star alongside my pork tenderloin for supper. I ended up with squash and fresh corn and the results were delightful.

It was a very simple supper last night. Here's how it breaks down:
Lazy Pork Tenderloin (Hormel already marinated - Lemon Garlic - don't judge)
Serving size 4 oz
WW points 3
Squash and Grape Tomatoes
3 cups summer squash, sliced
1 cup grape tomatoes
1 tbl olive oil
Jane's Krazy salt
Heat oil in large pan over medium heat. Add squash, tomatoes, and season with salt. Cook until desired texture is reached (I like mine super soft)
Serving size about 1 cup
WW points 1
Indianola Sweet Corn
Serving size 1 ear
WW points 1
Go play at your local farmer's market! I'm going back today and getting something green.

No comments:

Post a Comment