6/28/10

Monday, Monday (Mozzarellal Salad)

How cute is this fabric? Very bright, very day of the dead. Very perfect for my friend Ginny's baby girl Elliott. Ginny is not only a friend but also one of my co-workers at North Sunflower. We run many an errand to Cleveland together; more often times than not said errands involve a trip to the fabric store. Since her first time into the fabric store, she's had one eye on this fabric. I was very happy when she picked herself up a yard and asked me to make a pair of ruffled bottom bloomers. Happily, I did.
However, there was a ton of fabric left.
After studying the bubble romper pattern and trying to force my brain to think in a math - minded fashion I decided to try to make a top. Make a top I did and I am pleased with how it turned out. Now, there's a possibility that it's going to be a little on the cropped side. But Ginny is excited and I've got a new pattern up my sleeve. Good stuff, huh?
Aside from getting some heavy sewing done, I made not one but two trips to the Greenwood farmers market. I should be embarrassed over how many blueberries I ate this weekend, but I'm not. A bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios with some fresh blueberries on top? Take me home, country roads. I also scored a sack full of Beaver Dam tomatoes and sweet corn. And yes, I charmed the young guy selling the corn into giving me an extra ear. Having a sack full of tomatoes prompted me to want to make tomato themed dishes all weekend. I attempted a WW friendly tomato pie on Saturday - it was good but will need some tweaking before it is shared.
Sunday night, I was in the mood for something refreshing and simple. Enter a Fresh Mozzarella Salad. It was tasty. Enjoy!

Mozzarella Salad

1 oz fresh mozzarella *
1 thick slice of fresh tomato
1/2 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbl chopped fresh basil

Layer the ingredients: mozzarella, tomato, olive oil, vinegar, basil. Serve immediately.

Serving size 1 salad
WW points 3

* I purchased an 8 oz ball of fresh mozzarella. I cut it into 8 equal parts, or my best shot at equal parts, to get the correct amount. Not the easiest stuff to cut. But really, nothing is easy for me to cut because my knives are HORRID.

No comments:

Post a Comment