6/20/10

Simple Shrimp (Sauteed Shrimp and Spinach)

I love shrimp. It's simple. Don't have to do a whole lot to it, easy to cook, pretty good for you. I was very excited when I stumbled upon this recipe on the blog Noble Pig. This blog is one of my favorite food blogs. The writer is not afraid to use sour cream or try a recipe on t he back of the mayonnaise jar. I like that quality. However, it's not often that you find something low cal / low fat on that blog so I don't try a whole lot of the recipes.

This recipe, however, was different. So light, so simple. Well, simple if you are able to find peeled and deviened shrimp. I couldn't and spent about 45 minutes trying to devien 1 lb of shrimp. Completely worth the backache i developed. I only made a few changes. Reduced the amount of oil and substituted spinach for arugula. I wanted to use arugula but, alas, the Greenwood grocery stores did not have it. And there was a picture of said lovely shrimp meal on this post but I just accidentally deleted it and don't feel like reloading it. Shucks.

Sauteed Shrimp and Spinach
adapted from Noble Pig

1 tbl olive oil
1 cup grape tomatoes
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 lb shrimp, peeled and deviened
6 oz spinach
salt and pepper
juice of one lemon

Heat olive oil in a large pan of medium high heat. Add grape tomatoes, cook for about two minutes or until they start to blister. Add garlic, cook until fragrant. Add shrimp, cook until opaque. Add spinach, season with salt and pepper. Cook until spinach is wilted, about 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice. Serve immediately.

Serving size 1/4 of recipe
WW points 3

Of course I deleted the picture of the main dish while the picture of the cantaloupe and pineapple remained. Fresh fruit makes the heat a little more tolerable. And a melon baller makes cutting a cantaloupe way more tolerable.

Snack idea - 1/4 a canteloupe and 1 cup of pineapple for 2 WW points.

No comments:

Post a Comment