6/9/10

A Skiddish Griller (Savory Burgers)

Yes, it's true. I'm a very skiddish griller. My dislike for handling raw meat is no secret, nor is my dislike for the crippling summer heat. Also - I nervously poke at things when they are on the grill and have absolutely no idea how to tell when they are done. And don't even get me started on lighting a grill. All of these things paired together lead to most of my food being prepared indoors. It's not that I don't like food that has been grilled - i do. I am also a huge fan of a group of people coming together to grill. I just don't want to have to do it. Meet this little jewel. It allows me to cook simple summer staples, like burgers, without having to do most of the things that make me stressed.


After Monday night's dinner debacle I was really needing to get back into the cooking game. Burgers seemed like a good idea - pretty hard to mess up, tasty, an overall winner. The fact that I didn't break a sweat while grilling made it even better. I sauteed some spinach to go with these little darlings. Unfortunately, I forgot how much spinach wilts down and only had about a tablespoon. Sad, because it was quite good.

Overall, the taste of this meal was fantastic. However, if this meal was being judged on looks - it might not fare to well. The burgers shrunk, I stink at cutting tomatoes, and the thin buns i used for the bread made the whole thing look kind of crazy. We've already discussed the poor little dollop of spinach. Does that matter? No. What matters is that I was full and happy. Hope you enjoy!

Savory Burgers
adapted from weightwatchers.com
1 lb lean ground beef (7% fat)
2 tbl onions, minced
3/4 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
chili powder - a few shakes
Combine all ingredients. Divide into four equal parts, shape in to patties. Cook in whatever way you fancy.
Serving size 1 patty
WW points 4
Dress this one up however you want, be sure to factor in the points. I really enjoyed this with a slice of reduced fat cheese (1 point), tomatoes, onions, and a thin bun (1 point).

No comments:

Post a Comment