6/13/10

Visitors (Basil Chicken Wrap)

I love my family. Mom, sisters, and niece came to Greenwood Saturday for a pre-birthday celebration. Before lunch, Baby Girl A and Jen came to the house. It was A's first time there since she has been really getting around and I must say that she appeared to have a large time. My house is FAR from baby proofed, hence the fact that she played with a smoke detector and practiced pulling up on a table with pretty sharp edges. All was well though and she spent a lot of time practicing her "excited face". Love her.

It was then off to the Delta Bistro for lunch. I would not describe what I ate to be anything near a WW friendly meal, especially when I ordered lemon pie. But it's my birthday week and we are a family that eats sweets so it's cool.


Great day. Didn't want it to end! Except when we went and walked around downtown in the 100 degree heat. I wanted that to end, but only because i was so freaking hot. The above pictures were taken post walk - we were going to get one with all of us but were just to hot and cranky to ask someone to take it of us. Oh, well.

Hot days call for cool lunches. Here's one I tried today from the WW magazine. Now - it could use a little extra something, I'm just not sure what. I'm weird about chicken so next time I'm either going to use the thin sliced chicken lunch meat OR I'll get a rotisserie chicken and remove the skin. Either way, it's quick and very fresh tasting.

Basil Chicken Wrap

1 whole wheat tortilla

1/2 tbl reduced fat mayo

1/2 cup torn green leaf lettuce

1/4 cup fresh basil leaves

2/3 cup cook sliced chicken breast

1/3 cup chopped tomato

Layer all ingredients atop tortilla. Wrap up. Enjoy!

Serving size 1 wrap

WW points 4

1 comment:

  1. 1. you look FANTASTIC!
    2. great pic of the sisters
    3. could alex BE ANY CUTER???

    ReplyDelete