6/17/10

Busy Week (Yummy Salad)

What a week. For real. All fun stuff, though. Monday night: sewing all night to finish up baby gifts I made for my pal Lindsey to give to her expectant friends; Tuesday night: amazing dip birthday party thrown by great friends at Mary Neff's house; Wednesday night: bachelorette party at Lusco's for a friend here in Greenwood. Again...what a week. I was happy to give up my 10:00 bedtime for all of these adventures but was for sure paying for it today. The combination of all of the festivities (OK - maybe a night of sewing can not be labeled as a "festivity") led to me being sluggish, full feeling, and in need of a meal that would make me feel better about myself. I've been thinking about this salad all day. Well, when I wasn't' thinking about laying on the couch I was thinking about this salad. It's amazing how much my tastes have changed and how my body will tell me exactly what it needs. Yes - I thoroughly enjoyed the onion ring appetizer at Lusco's last night but, dang, I felt bad today. So, yes. A salad was a must.

Have I mentioned that we are dealing with a heat index of 105 here? Salads don't require an oven - which is amazing. Just in case anyone has a taste for a salad - here's what I did. It was yummy and satisfying. No strict measurements. I plugged in the veggies to my
WW online program and found that I can have 20 cups of lettuce for 1 point. I figured it would be OK to wing it.

green leaf lettuce
dill pickle chips
1/2 fresh tomato, chopped
1/4 red bell pepper, sliced
3 artichoke hearts, chopped
white onion, sliced
1/8 cup part skim mozzarella cheese
2 tbl
Girard's spinach salad dressing

WW points guesstimation 4

I am a big fan of the Girard's salad dressing. It's got a hint of sweet but is not so heavy that it drowns out the rest of the flavors. Salad dressing can be tough and can turn your healthy salad into something along the lines of a Big Mac real quick. It's no creamy feta or homemade ranch - but it's tasty in it's own way.

After the salad I planned to spend the my evening washing clothes, cleaning the house, organizing sewing patterns, watching TV and crashing at 8:45. I started all of these tasks but was sidetracked by sewin'. Meet the
baby bubble romper. I've had this pattern for several months, had the fabric, too. I was always intimidated by it, probably because it required the use of snap tape. I know, this is getting nerdy.



Posted by Picasa
Proud to say, I finished it. It's not exactly the most appropriate fabric for spring time, but it's cute none the less. It's being lovingly shipped to Baby Girl A in the morning. There is a possibility that it will swallow her but hey - we've got lots of summer left.

To bad the laundry never got finished.

2 comments:

  1. Woo hooooo for the romper!! I'll be putting in orders for those next.

    ReplyDelete