6/1/10

Time Flies (Mediterranean Tuna Antipasto Salad)

Where have you gone, 2010? June? That one snuck up on me. I am pretty cool with June. We're buds. It is, after all, my birthday month.
June is also H-O-T. For real. Like don't turn the stove on hot. Tonight's supper was perfect for that. It's like a tuna salad - but not really. It's a lightened up, Mediterranean tuna salad. It's Tuna salad's hip, European cousin. Mmmm. Very light, very crunchy. A winner in my book. Get to choppin!


Mediterranean Tuna Antipasto Salad
adapted from delish.com

16 oz chickpeas, drained and rinsed
10 oz (2 small cans) water packed chunk light tuna, drained and flaked
1 large red bell pepper, diced
1 small red onion, chopped
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
4 tsp capers, rinsed
1/2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
2 tbl fresh lemon juice
1 tbl extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste

Combine all ingredients, mix well. Refrigerate.

Serving size 1 cup
WW points 3

Hopefully, you're finding ways to keep cool in doors. Me - I've been teaching myself the art of buttonhole making...watch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment