7/30/10

At least we've got dessert....

Sometimes, you gotta know when to fold 'em. It's just not been my week in the kitchen.

I left work early yesterday to hurry up and get home to start preparing Brandon's birthday meal. The plan was chicken Parmesan, broccoli with lemon and butter, and ranch potatoes. That's me being a sweet, sweet girlfriend as those are all his favorites. For a birthday dessert I planned to make Lime Squares. More on that in a minute.

Might as well just cut to the chase....the chicken didn't have much taste, the potatoes and broccoli were just undercooked. I guess it was all the pressure, you know? But probably not. It was probably because it's just an off week in the kitchen and I was too excited about going out and celebrating the big birthday to give supper adequate attention. If your heart was set on Chicken Parmesan, here is a good, time tested recipe. If you're more interested in Lime Squares, take a gander at this.

Hello, lovely. Not my picture - you know mine weren't near this pretty. Sure did taste good. Here's the recipe if you're interested. They make me very happy.

If you are not interested in either Chicken Parmesan or Lime Squares, then I've got nothing.

Three cheers for Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment