7/15/10

Blast from the Past (Chicken Cordon Bleu)

What about that hunk of love in that pic? Looks like a tummy ache waiting to happen. Good news....it's not! I have recently discovered this website that has tons of tasty recipes. The site is put together by The Pioneer Woman so you know it's got to be good. I tried this Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe last night and was very impressed. It felt like a very old school meal - I almost popped in my Devo CD.

Just ignore the sad pile of asparagus, apparently I am not the queen of sides. Also ignore the blurry picture, I'm working on a new camera.

Back to the chicken. It requires a lot of hands on the chicken action which made me pretty nervous. I thought about bringing home a pair of gloves from the hospital but then decided that I just need to get over the whole chicken issue. Although it requires some hands on time, it doesn't take to long to prepare. Perfect weeknight meal!


Chicken Cordon Bleu
adapted from Tasty Kitchen


2 boneless / skinless chicken breast, trimmed up
6 slices of lean ham
2 wedges of Laughing Cow cheese (I used the light Swiss flavor)
1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pour breadcrumbs into a shallow dish. Take each piece of chicken, pound them flat with a pan, meat mallet, or other weapon of your choice. Place three slices of ham on each chicken breast. Place one wedge of cheese atop the ham. Slightly smoosh it down. Fold the edges of the ham over the cheese, then fold the chicken over the ham like a burrito. Roll it around in the breadcrumbs, making sure it's good and coated. Secure with a toothpick.

Place it in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Bake until chicken is done, mine went about 40 minutes.

Serving size 1 chicken breast
WW points 6

No comments:

Post a Comment