7/19/10

Fiesta by the Pool (Monterrey Jack Salsa)

I love a pool party. I especially love a pool party with a Mexican theme. Throw in Lemon Pie? I'm basically putty in your hands.

Good friends Ginny and Hank hosted a pool party at their home yesterday. The weather was nice, the company was nicer, and I brought dip. Shocking, right? Probably even more shocking that I brought one of the three dips that I take to every gathering. The three are as follows: Monterrey Jack Salsa, Festive Bean Spread, and Corn Dip. Monterrey Jack Salsa, turned into a nice WW friendly dip, Festive Bean spread probably wouldn't be to bad, but Corn Dip is impossible. Don't ever try to make it with reduced fat ingredients. It just made me mad. What doesn't make me mad is how yummy corn dip is. But enough about that.

So back to the dip. It's a great summer dip, easy to throw together, and very light. Take it to your next pool party....

Monterrey Jack Salsa
Adapted from Come on In

1 small can diced green chilies
1 small can diced black olives
5 green onions, chopped
1 cup WW Mexican Cheese (shredded)
1 medium tomato, chopped
1/2 cup light Italian dressing
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped

Combine all ingredients, refrigerate. Serve with the dipper of your choice.

Serving size 1/4 cup
WW points 1

Think about me this afternoon, the 5K training continues. I'm a little nervous. And still haven't gotten a sponsorship from Nike.

No comments:

Post a Comment