7/26/10

Fresh from the garden (Creamy Corn Salad)

Mmmmm mmmm mmmm. I love some fresh summer food. Almost makes me want to till up my side yard and start a garden. Then I remember that I can't grow tomatoes and usually forget to water plants after a few weeks.

This recipe was posted on Fly Through Our Window last week and it's been a hot topic of conversation around my office. My co-worker Susan was the first to try it and gave it mega thumbs up. I put it together yesterday afternoon and had a large time stealing spoonfuls out of the bowl while it sat in the fridge.

Creamy Corn Salad
from Fly Through Our Window

1 can shoepeg corn, drained
2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and chopped
1 tomato, peeled and diced (or you could use about a handful or cherry or grape tomatoes)
1 red onion, diced small
1/4 cup olive oil mayonnaise
1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
3 tbl dill pickle juice
salt - I used Krazy Jane's
pepper

Combine all ingredients, season with salt and pepper to taste. Allow to hang out in the fridge for awhile before serving.

Serving size 1/2 cup
WW points 2
Points Plus 3

No comments:

Post a Comment