7/25/10

Watch It (Tortilla Pizza)

Somethings I'll never learn. For example...I'm pretty sure I'll never figure out how to make cornbread, how to tell my left from my right with one hundred percent accuracy, or how to order my own meat at a restaurant. Medium rare? Well done? I just don't know. Thank goodness for Brandon.

We can now add using the broiler function on my oven to the list of things I will probably never figure out. How quickly your food goes from perfect to burnt up. It's seconds, I swear.

This is a meal that I've done for a long while but have always worked to figure out the best way to cook it. While I haven't figured out the secrete to the cooking of the tortilla pizza just yet - I can say that they way I did it tonight was probably not it. Still good though. Anyone have any suggestions? I just did a little research that suggests toasting the tortilla in the oven out and then pulling it out and putting the toppings on. Then return it to the oven and let everything warm up and melt.

Tortilla Pizza

1 whole wheat tortilla
1/4 cup pizza sauce
10 turkey pepperonis
green bell pepper (chopped, however much you like)
onion (chopped, however much you like)
1/4 cup shredded part skim mozzarella

Layer all ingredients. Try to figure out a way to cook it without burning it. I let it go about 10 minutes in the oven at 350 degrees. After that I let it sit in the oven on broil for about 2 minutes. And then it burned.

Serving size 1 pizza
WW points 4
Points Plus 6

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! I too have fought the tortilla pizza war and here are my quick takes: every oven is different so one person's method might not work on your oven, don't put it on a dark cookie sheet or aluminum foil-definitely put parchment paper underneath it keeps it from toasting/burning up quickly, and keep the door cracked- I know it is summer and hot but it makes everything slowly heat up verses unevenly which leads to the quick burn! Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I will have to try that!

    ReplyDelete