8/13/10

10 Years

So. Maybe I'll loose friends over this. Hopefully not. Let's think about the time when we wore iridescent eye liner, didn't wax our eye brows, and had not yet been introduced to a straightening iron. Maybe we'll all be able to look at this picture and get a little giggle. Notice, dear friends, that I (1) did not post that picture that two certain people despise and hide each time they come to my house and (2) I'm right in center of this jewel, base makeup two shades too light and all. And what about that blouse? And that hair? I'm scared. Hoping this was before a sub deb dance and that's why I choose to wear that number.

My 10 year class reunion is this weekend. If you would have asked me seven years ago if I was going, I probably would have snarled in my dirty hippy clothes and said no. My, how things have changed. And yet, how they haven't. I've had too much fun this week replying back and forth via email to my group of girl friends, cackling out loud when I read each response. Feeling comforted by the fact that none of us have really matured at all and probably have no business posing as adults.

Not to make anyone jealous, but i've made four different mix cds to celebrate the weekend. Named by my always creative friend Kate (2nd from the right), "Bristol and Levi....Wasn't Meant To Be." This shows that even though we might be celebrating our 10 year reunion, we are still hip to what's up. Just a few of the artist featured on the mix: DMX, Pam Tillis, Tupac, Eve 6, Aerosmith, Abra Moore, Sublime, Wyclef, Weezer, Soul Decision, and Toad and the Wet Sprockett.

My excitement is absolutely out of control.

4 comments:

  1. LOL! Wish I could have made it, but eagerly look forward to an update from you on how it went! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHH....this ups my excitement even more!!! Can't wait! Yee and a HAW!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. now THAT is how i remember all of your friends :) i can only imagine the pics you could pull of me and my friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam Tillis--AH! personal fave.

    have fun! i was uncertain about going to mine too, but i'm glad i did!

    ReplyDelete