8/5/10

BBQ Adventure (BBQ Pork Sandwiches)

Nothing says summer like BBQ. I would say something about the heat right here but it's actually a balmy 88 in Ruleville right now, so I'm not.

So here's a new BBQ recipe that was not only boyfriend approved but also boyfriend's 17 year old cousin approved. That's big.

A word of warning - if you decide to take this BBQ adventure, make sure that you've got a good carving knife. I got an excellent workout yesterday trying to slice this pork up. This is intense, considering my feelings towards raw meat. I need new knives.

BBQ Pork Sandwiches
adapted from WW Online

cooking spray
1 pound lean pork tenderloin, sliced 1/4 inch thick
salt (to taste)
pepper (to taste)
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
15 oz can of tomato sauce
1 1/2 tbl Worcestershire sauce
1 tbl white wine vinegar
4 light wheat hamburger buns (I use Bunny brand)

Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; set over medium high heat. Add pork slices in a single layer and season with salt and pepper. Be sure not to crowd the pork in the pan. Cook in batches if need be. Cook about 2 minutes per side. Set aside.

Add onion and garlic to the pan, saute until tender (about 5 minutes). Add tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, 1/4 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Stir and allow to simmer for about a minute. Return pork to skillet and cover with sauce. Cover skillet and simmer for about 15 minutes.

Serving size 1/4 of pork and 1 bun
WW points 5
Points Plus 6

I brought this for lunch today - it was not my favorite as leftovers. Just being honest. Instead I snacked on some chicken salad from the hospital which, in truth, was a little pickley for my taste.

Mississippi Elder Law Conference in Oxford tomorrow - I'm sure it will make for a thrilling blog post.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment