8/27/10

Shameless Self Promotion (Mexican Pork Chops)

I'm actually a pretty picky eater. I don't like a whole lot of meat, I would rather not eat anything with a bone in it, orange food is out of the question. Surprisingly enough, this meal contained two of my three usual food deal breakers. It was not only a pork chop, but a bone in pork chop. I would have opted for a center cut pork chop, but I know about as much about buying a pork chop as I know about buying a piece of farm land. Which isn't a lot.
The last time I purchased a pork chop, I was in college and I decided to try my hand at frying them. I was working at an adolescent drug and alcohol treatment center; the cook there could really fry a mean pork chop. I almost started a grease fire and from that point on, Emily (my roommate at the time) forbade me from frying. Probably a good move. For several reasons.

So here I find myself, many years later, trying my hand at the ever elusive pork chop. This one was pretty good, very easy to put together. If you are a fan of the pork chop, give it a whirl!

Mexican Pork Chops

3 pork chops, trimmed of fat
salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup instant brown rice
1 onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 green red bell pepper, chopped
1 can Healthy Request tomato soup
cooking spray

Spray a 9x13 dish with cooking spray. Pour rice (uncooked) into the bottom of the pan. Atop the rice, place onion and half of each of the peppers.

Season pork to taste with salt and pepper. Place on rice bed. Top with rest of the peppers. Mix can of soup with about 3/4 can of water, pour over the chops. Cover tightly with foil and bake for an hour and a half.

Serving size 1/3 of recipe
WW points 7
Points Plus 9


Now for the shameless self promotion....several people (ok, like two) have asked if I sell any of the clothes I make for Alex & Leo. Well, kind of. I mean, I will if you ask me. I've posted pictures on the right side of the blog, all the way towards the bottom, of things that I have made in the past. If there is something you are interested - email me! Let's chat about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment