8/9/10

Spice it up (Pita Hummus Sandwich)

Let's spice things up, shall we? Let's put this picture of my lunch on the right side of the page rather than the left side. Crazytown, right?

Lord knows I'm in need of some spicing up today - in the mood for some adventure. Maybe it's because it was such a wild weekend that I'm not sure what to do with myself now that things have calmed down. Hopefully the feeling will pass, however, as I have a hair appointment tomorrow. When the need to spice things up and a hair appointment fall on the same day I end up with bangs. When you have the same hair as the lead singer of Silverchair, this is not a good thing.

Enough rambling, here's what I had for lunch. For a girl looking to spice things up, it wasn't to exciting. It was, however, tasty and filling and seemed to pack a nutritional punch. If you don't like hummus, I would just stop here.

Pita Hummus Sandwich

1 small wheat pita
2 tbl hummus (I used roasted red pepper)
1 handful of spinach leaves
1/4 tomato, cut into large hunks
salt and pepper

Spread the hummus on the pita bread. Place spinach and tomatoes inside of the pita. Season with salt and pepper.

Serving size 1 sandwich

WW points 2

1 comment:

  1. We had grilled chicken hummus flat bread sandwiches the other night - wow that's a long title for a meal. I took pictures to put on my blog - will be posting soon. When I was preparing it, it reminded me of something you might like! But I see you already caught the hummus sandwich bug.

    Hilarious story in your most recent post. And I always love Reese's hair.

    ReplyDelete