8/12/10

One of those days....(Cajun Chicken Alfredo)

Yesterday was one of those days. One of those days where I wonder how the heck people work, have families, cook supper....all while maintaining their sanity. I'll admit, I was probably being a bit dramatic. After work (which while often pretty intense is not what I would consider stressful), Brandon asked me to go to Wal-Mart to do some school supply shopping. We weren't the only ones that decided to do some school supply shopping, everyone else in Greenwood had the same idea. And everyone in said Wal-Mart was looking for loose leaf paper. This created quite the bottle neck in the school supply section. While checking out, the people in front of us really wanted this pink and purple body pillow. Unfortunately, the price on said body pillow took about 20 minutes to locate...I hope they slept well last night. When our turn came up, the cashier ran out of change. The man behind us (with 2 items) looked like he was about to have a melt down.

My own personal melt down was not in Wal - Mart but was in my kitchen while trying to cook supper. I got fancy feeling and decided to make some Cajun Chicken Alfredo. Hey now. It was good but required a lot of pans. There were a million things going on in my kitchen and I'm pretty sure the temperature was registering about 110. See, just a little dramatic. Imagine what it would have been like if I had some kids running around? Sweet Lord, I'm not going to make it...

So that's my stressful making of the Cajun Chicken Alfredo story. I'm sure you people out there with families think that I'm a lunatic. It was good, and if cooking chicken and having three pots going at the same time is your thing, you should try it. Kind of high in points but creamy and pasta-y and worth it.


Cajun Chicken Alfredo
adapted from Tasty Kitchen


16 oz chicken breast
2 tbl blackening seasoning
1 pkg creamy garlic Alfredo sauce
3 pieces Laughing Cow cheese
1 cup low fat milk
2 tbl Parmesan cheese


whole wheat, high fiber pasta


Season chicken breast with blackening seasoning, cook in pan coated with cooking spray. Cut up into bite size pieces, set aside.


Combine the package of Alfredo sauce, milk, and Laughing Cow cheese in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil, stir for about a minute, and remove from heat.


Meanwhile, boil and drain desired amount of pasta. I used Rozini Smart Taste Penne - it was three points for two oz.

Layer pasta, 1/4 cup of sauce, and 1/4 of chicken in a large bowl. Top with 1/2 tbl of Parmesan cheese.

Serving size 2 oz pasta (3 pts); 1/4 cup sauce, 1/4 of chicken, 1/2 tbl of Parmesan cheese (6 pts)

WW points 9

Next time - I might go it without the chicken. It would bring the sauce/cheese pointage down to 2. It's still hard for me to go head to head with a chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment