9/30/10

Fuzzy Pictures and Breakfast Casserole (Mexican - Style Casserole)

I am fully aware of the fact that my camera does not take the best food pictures.  Really, I am.  In no way do I think that my food pictures are amazing, but I do believe that even a bad picture is better than nothing.  

Well. 

At present I'm all ate up with the self conscious after reading a blog in which the author discussed how annoyed she gets when she reads blogs that have fuzzy, funky pictures on it.  Oh dear.  Have I annoyed you with my fuzzy funky pictures of food?  I hope not.  I am refraining from posting pictures until I either get this camera OR I get over being ate up with the self conscious.  I bet I get over it first.  Unless....camera fairy?  I still haven't gotten those skinny cords so I don't think the wanted object fairies are all about me these days. 

Let's talk about breakfast for supper.  You know that AMAZING breakfast casserole with the white bread and egg and cheese?  You know the one.  Well, what I cooked last night was like that casserole's distant cousin.  It was supposed to be "Texas-style" but quickly became "Mexican-style" because (a) I have a problem and could live solely on Mexican food and (b) those were the ingredients I had on hand.  The boyfriend loved it and asked if I would make it again, but would I use 10 eggs instead of 2.  I informed him it would not really be a WW friendly meal if I did that; his response was that I could just eat a smaller piece.  Thanks, B. 

Mexican Style Breakfast Casserole
adapted from WW Online

cooking spray
2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
1 bell pepper, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
8 oz turkey sausage, sliced thin
1 cup fat free skim milk
2 large eggs
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3/4 cup Mexican style WW cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Coat a baking dish with cooking spray. 

Layer the casserole with hash browns, then vegetables.  In a small bowl combine the eggs, milk, salt , and pepper.  Pour over the vegetables.  Sprinkle cheese on top. 

Bake until casserole is hot and cheese is browned, about 45 minutes.  Cut into 6 equal pieces.

Serving size 1 piece
WW points 5
Points Plus 8

In people traveling news, look who is making their way to the great state of Mississippi...Clare!!!

I bet she makes this move a lot over the weekend. 

1 comment:

  1. don't dump the pics! they don't annoy me one bit. one thing i've figured out on food pics-- i have a task light in my kitchen (it's way too dark in there). so i'll shine the task light on my dish, and then take the pic w/out flash. they usually turn out really well! any reading lamp, desk lamp will do!

    ReplyDelete