9/7/10

Laboring on Labor Day (Balsamic Red Potatoes)


Just because we've had a few cool(er) days it doesn't mean that summer is over. Everyone else probably knows that but I guess I just forgot. I worked a half day yesterday then came home and jumped right into yard work. I live in a pretty nice neighborhood, I'm one of the few rental houses on the block. I've been getting a little self conscious lately as the grass has steadily grown over the driveway and some unidentified plant (tree?) has started to grow up into one of the bushes. Hot mess. I decided that I was going to give up the trashiest person on the block prize and clean everything up. At 1pm.



It wasn't soon after I cranked up the ole push mower that my heart palpitations started, about 3/4 of the way into the yard I apparently was stung on the tongue by some sort of flying insect. Thank goodness I was not allergic.

After tackling the yard, I decided to clean out both of the closets in my house. This was quite the undertaking. In order to keep myself motivated, i tuned my TV to the Hoarders marathon on AETV. If this doesn't make you clean out your closet, nothing will. Every time I got tired of doing it I reminded myself that I was not going to be that women that people find 50 years from now, trapped under a pile of suitcases and zip lock bags, in a house overrun with cats. Well, cats wouldn't be there anyway as I'm allergic but you get my point.

After all of this intense work, it was time for a hearty meal. I made Balsamic Red Potatoes and cheeseburgers with grilled onions. The burgers were really nothing to get excited about. However - I did use my indoor grill to make some lovely grilled onions. Those were good.

Balsamic Baked Potatoes

1 1/2 lb new potatoes, quartered
3/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
5 garlic cloves, chopped
5 sprigs fresh rosemary
salt and pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. in an 8 inch square pan, place potatoes evenly along the bottom. Add broth, vinegar, garlic, and rosemary, season with salt and pepper.

Bake until potatoes are tender and liquid is reduced to a glaze, mine only took 40 minutes. During cooking, toss at least twice.

Serving size 1/4 of potatoes
WW points 2
Points Plus 4

The original recipe says to cook this for about 50 - 70 minutes. Mine didn't take that long, obvi.

No comments:

Post a Comment