9/9/10

My Ruffles are Bigger than Your Ruffles (Mexican Pizza)

I would imagine that what all parents want their daughters to be able to say is "My Ruffles are Bigger than Your Ruffles." Now, not having children myself I can't be sure if this is an accurate statement. However, if and when I ever have a daughter, I hope she'll be able to say that.

Hopefully with these darling new ruffle pants, Baby Girl A will be the cutest girl at the school this fall. Jennifer and I had discussed making some of these pants for the fall and the discussion of just how many ruffles would be used came up. Jennifer decided, being the level headed sister that she is, that three ruffles would in fact intimidate the other children at school. We didn't want this so a single ruffle it was. Hopefully, they will fit.


Enough about ruffles, let's talk about pizza.

A few days ago, Win suggested that I try to make a Mexican Pizza. I must admit I was a little intimidated by this task. Things with toppings often overwhelm me. Trudged on I did and it turned out quite well. I did not post the picture of said Mexican Pizzas, they didn't photograph well. Posting it might have made you, dear readers, question my taste. And we don't want that to happen.


You may have had some experience with the Mexican Pizza from Taco Bell. Yes it may be easier to run through the drive through and pick one up BUT if you are on the WW, or just watching your figure, it will set you back a whopping 12 Points! Geeze. No thanks.
Mexican Pizza
adapted from AllRecipes

1 lb lean ground beef (7% fat or less)
4 small corn tortillas
8 oz (1/2 a can) fat free refried beans
1/2 cup WW shredded Mexican cheese blend
1 tbl taco seasoning
1/2 tomato, chopped
4 oz diced green chills
1 tbl chopped black olives
4 tbl light sour cream
1/4 cup green onions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Either in the microwave or on top of the stove, heat the refried beans. Meanwhile, cook ground beef, season with taco seasoning when cooked though. Spray a small skillet with cooking spray, allow to get hot. Add tortillas, one at a time, cook for 15 seconds on each side. Move to baking sheet.
Divide beans, meat, and cheese evenly among the 4 tortillas. Bake for 20 minutes, or until crisp.

Divide the toppings evenly among the 4 tortilla. Slice with a pizza cutter.
Serving size 1 pizza
WW points 6
Points Plus 7

No comments:

Post a Comment