10/13/10

I Get It From My Mama (Mug Cake)

Yes, I get it from my mama. My love of sweets, that is. My sister, Jennifer, also loves a sweet. Chick - I don't feel like you get that into sweets. You such a healthy eater.


Anywho. My mom is one to always want a bite of something sweet. And Jennifer? She mastered the art of baking waaaaay before she mastered the art of actual meal cooking. Remember those chicken shish-kabobs from Publix? Nothin' but love for you, sister. But she can totally put together a meal now, so she's good.


This is a recipe that is completely and totally lifted from my pal Mary Straton. You may have seen it on her blog. If you didn't, get ready. If you are someone who counts the WW points OR just someone who finds they MUST have something sweet when dieting - hold on to your britches. This one rocks. AND it's cheap.  I love those WW sweets, but they hit the wallet pretty hard.  It's also approved by non weight watchers - Brandon devoured it.   


Mug Cake
from Mary Straton


1 box angel food cake mix
1 box any other cake mix (I used devil's food)
water


Combine both boxes of cake mix - stir well.


Place 1/3 cup of cake mix into a large mug (this is important - my first one wasn't big enough and it caused major issues in my microwave). Add 1 tbl of water. Stir well. Microwave for one minute.


Serving size 1 mug
WW points 1

*Just a little tip - I dumped both boxes of cake mix into a large ziplock bag and mixed them up in there.  Now, said ziplock bag sits right beside my microwave....couldn't be easier!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to try this!

    Oh, and I am loving the pic that I see peeking behind that mug....

    ReplyDelete