10/14/10

A Meat and Two Sides (Balsamic Chicken with Mushrooms)

Many of the meals that I cook are not square.  They are more of a one pot deal, pile everything into a bowl and move on with your life.  This possibly stems from my long standing issues with one item of food touching another item of food.  That really gets my goat.  You know what else gets my goat?  Children in laundry mats.  But that's a whole different story. 

Moving on.  Wednesday nights supper was a complete meal, made up of Balsamic Chicken with Mushrooms, green beans, 1/2 of a thin bun, and mac and cheese.  Yes, mac and cheese.  Not WW but requested by Brandon.  And I ate some....and I like it.  Because that's how I roll. 

This is a great chicken recipe; I was able to make it without having to much of a melt down.  I still have my chicken issues but am working to over come them.  I feel like leftovers from this would be good atop a salad.  Had I had salad dressing this morning, or lettuce for that matter, that's what I would have had for lunch. 

Balsamic Chicken with Mushrooms
adapted from WW Online

2 tsp vegetable oil
3 tbl balsamic vinegar
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 large garlic clove, chopped
1 lb uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast (4 pieces)
1 can of mushrooms, drained
1/3 cup fat free chicken broth
1/4 tsp dried thyme

Heat 1 tsp of oil in a large non stick skillet.  Meanwhile, combine 2 tbl of vinegar, the mustard, and garlic in a large bowl.  Add chicken, turning to coat.

Transfer chicken and marinade to skillet, cook until done. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.

Heat remaining tsp of oil in the skillet.  Saute mushrooms for 1 minute.  Add broth, thyme and remaining tbl of vinegar.  Cook, stir occasionally until mushrooms are deep brown. 

Serve chicken topped with mushrooms.

Serving size 1/4 of recipe
WW points 3
Points Plus 4

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment