10/8/10

Trash.

No, I'm not talking about what I will look like come Sunday Morning.  I'm talking about what took up most of my night last night.  But more on that in a bit. 

Today is the day that we leave for the big camping adventure in Helena.  I'm quite excited while being a little bit anxious about what I know my hair will look like.  I've got the fine hair and it tends to get a little rough without a good shampooing.  And I just don't look that great in a hat. 

So back to the trash.  I've been a total slacker on WW recipes this week - I know I've eaten, I'm just not really sure what it was (besides the soup).  Last night I had grand plans to make this WW peanut noodle dish (mmmm) but instead made trash, a frozen pizza, and watched Project Runway in my jammies.  This caused me to spend a lot of time researching Heidi Klum's line of active wear. 

Sooooooo.  It was my first time to make trash.  I can really either take it or leave it, but Brandon's grandmother used to make it for him and he always talks lovingly of it.  It's kind of like me and Nanny's iced brownies.  (HINT HINT, NANNY!!) So I decided to try my hand at making the trash.  I think it came out pretty well.  And no, it's not chocolate trash....just some of it is burned.  Aren't you jealous of how much counter space I have?  Jokes. 

Trash

2 cups rice Chex
2 cups corn Chex
2 cups wheat Chex
16 oz salted peanuts
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup Worcestershire
1 tsp celery salt
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp seasoned salt

Dump all ingredients into a crock pot, mix well (but gently).  Cook on low for 3 - 4 hours.  Stir regularly while cooking (I didn't and that's why it looks like I have chocolate trash). 

After it's done cooking, spread paper towels out on the counter, allow it to dry for about an hour. 

Happy Friday to all!  Anyone going to Helena this weekend....hit me up!  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura Merrill. I found your blog through Maggie's (England). I am from Greenville as well, and currently live in Chattanooga, TN. I graduated from WS and also taught there. Anyway, I love your recipes...and reading your blog makes me feel like I'm right at home in the Delta. I added you to my blogroll. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete